Carolyn is a Post Doctoral Research Fellow within the Exercise Medicine Research Institute.
- American College of Sports Medicine Cancer Interest Group
- Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
Awards and Recognition
- 2008-2010: National Cancer Institute of Canada Research Studentship Award ($23 500/year).The feasibility and preliminary efficacy of progressive resistance exercise training in lung cancer patients.
- 2006-2009: Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research Studentship ($21 500/year). Awarded to academically superior students to undertake full-time research training in the basic biomedical sciences or in clinical research.
Research Areas and Interests
- The role of exercise as medicine for cancer
- Theoretical determinants of physical activity and exercise adherence
- The role of exercise in the management of lung cancer