The ECU Survey Research Centre (ECU SRC) is equipped with the following state-of-the-art facilities:
- a computer assisted telephone interviewing (CATI) facility with twenty eight permanent interviewer work stations that are networked with a supervisor;
- bespoke multi-modal data collection software that enables an innovative, cost effective and flexible means of capturing and processing questionnaire data;
- an automated telephone dialer system for accuracy and increased efficiency;
- recording capability and audio;
- a bulk SMS messaging system;
- customised intelligent software allowing pre-coded responses to assist in accuracy and efficiency as well as cater for open-ended fields, where required;
- online survey capacity;
- face-to-face central location interviewing using wireless mobile devices;
- web interviewing facilities.
ECU SRC servers and systems are stored locally in Perth and are the responsibility of ECU IT Service Centre (ITSC), who are regularly audited by Office of Auditor General in order to ensure its Information Security Controls are appropriate. Firewalls, anti-virus systems, password protection, use of SOE equipment and encryption processes ensure security and confidentiality of all data collected and stored by ECU SRC.
Technology and management control mechanisms include:
- antivirus tools;
- multi-layered firewalls;
- daily back-ups;
- password controls;
- electronic IDs; and
- change controls.
At an individual level all Survey Research Centre staff are required to sign a confidentiality agreement regarding the use of name-identified data. The Centre works under the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research.